Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN Card for ISR series

foued kh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm begineer in unified communcation system and I have a question.

Can I have the name of the card that I have to install in an ISR 2900 series or 4000 series to coneect the PSTN LIne to the internal network of our company?

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For SIP trunk you don't need any cards as that is delivered via IP, so as long as your handoff to the ITSP is over ethernet there is no voice cards needed. You do however require Cisco CUBE licenses for each concurrent SIP call, and you may need PVDMs for transcoding.

Both 4XXX and 29XX/39XX are perfectly fine with CUCM 11.5, keep in mind that 29XX/39XX are not officially EoS, so if you are looking to purchase new router go for ISR4K.

For voicemail you will require Unity Connection.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your PSTN connection?

is it POST line (single phone line) in which case you need appropriate FXO card for your router. For 2900 that would be VIC2-(2/4)FXO, for 4XXX it would be NIM-(2/4)FXO,

Is it a PRI or BRI circuit in which case you will need a PRI/BRI card. 

For 2900 PRI it is VWIC3-(1/2/4)MFT-T1/E1,  for 4XXX it is NIM-(1/2/4/8)MFT-T1/E1.

Thank you a lot Chris,

It is single phone line so I will need FXO card as you mentionned.
I need others informations please :

- if I will use a SIP trunk which card I will need and which version of CUBE I will need?
- if I will use CUCM 11.5 , which version of ISR is compatible ?

-if I will deploy voicemail, Will I need Cisco Unity or just CUCM?

thank you for your patience

For SIP trunk you don't need any cards as that is delivered via IP, so as long as your handoff to the ITSP is over ethernet there is no voice cards needed. You do however require Cisco CUBE licenses for each concurrent SIP call, and you may need PVDMs for transcoding.

Both 4XXX and 29XX/39XX are perfectly fine with CUCM 11.5, keep in mind that 29XX/39XX are not officially EoS, so if you are looking to purchase new router go for ISR4K.

For voicemail you will require Unity Connection.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris thank you a lot , believe me all these clarifcations are in their right place.
Thank you a lot