Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on CUEAC

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just Implemented 8.6.2 CUEAC integrated with CUCM only. Their is no LDAP and Presence

Q1

Is their any way in CUEAC client console to enable night Mode service?

Q2

ia their any way i can put Mobile numbers for End Users with Internal Extension so while transferring just drag to Mobile Number as well and transfer the call?

Q3

is their any way if i make my self unavailable on CUEAC client Console other operator on the same queue can view my status that i am Unavailable?

Q4

is their any way when call comes to the queue instead of Ringing on the console it rings my physical phone as well?

Regards

Vaibhav

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Vaibhav,

Q1

Night Service is configured within the Web Admin, there is no way to invoke this via the console GUI. What some people tend to do is instead of usng the configured night service they configure No Operator overflow to go to the night mode destination, then when they log out it goes to the required destination until they log back in. Another option is to conigure the Night Mode destination as the Emergency overflow, this will allow the operators to put the queues into Emergency to go into Night Mode.

Q2

ia  their any way i can put Mobile numbers for End Users with Internal  Extension so while transferring just drag to Mobile Number as well and  transfer the call?

You can do this in the GUI, just go into the contact properties and add a mobile number, once added you can highlight a contact and press F2 on the keyboard, you will then see the mobile number listed as transferable destination.

Q3

is  their any way if i make my self unavailable on CUEAC client Console  other operator on the same queue can view my status that i am  Unavailable?

This is not possible in the product today but it on a list of enhancements to be made.

Q4

is their any way when call comes to the queue instead of Ringing on the console it rings my physical phone as well?

It is not possible to ring on the console and the phone at the same time, it is either one or the other. When you create a queue, there is an option called Forced Delivery, if you leave this unselected the calls ring in the console and all operators can see the calls, if you select this option the calls get forced out of the queue and get presented directly on the operators phone.

View solution in original post

Hi Vaibhav,

This is quite a complicated answer so here goes.

If you are performing a consult transfer (announing the caller first) then it will use the CSS of the physical phone used by the operator.

If you are performing a blind transfer (sending the call straight through) then it will use the CSS of the CTI Ports.

As you have mentioned this means that both operators use a shared pool of CTI Ports and therefore use the same properties with regards to CSS/PTN/Device Pool/MoH etc. In version 9 (due for release in June) we are giving the ability to create Queue Device Groups, this will allow you to configure a different group of CTI Ports and you can then assign that group to the relevant queue(s). Each group will have its own template device so you can have unique settings for different queues/operators.

In the meantime, there is a way to do something about this today. On the Operator PC, if you go into the registry and go to:

HKLM\Software\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults - Direct Transfers

Change the value from Off to All (When doing this change it is important that the console is logged out and closed, otherwise the change will be lost the next time they log in),

What this setting does is bypass the use of CTI Ports when performing a blind transfer, the call in this scenario is redirected from the originating device and uses that CSS. As an example, if a call come in externally through your voice gateway, when performing a blind transfer it will redirect it from the gateway and use the CSS of the gateway, if your calls come in through different gateways for your different operators then this will ensure the correct CSS is used when perfoming a blind transfer.

One thing to note with turning this on is that this removes the feature of transfer recalls. As we are no longer using CTI Ports we are no longer monitoring the transfer, so if the call goes unanswered CUxAC is no longer aware and therefore cannot return the call to the operator.

Another important thing to note is if you use this feature you need to make sure the CSS of the Gateway has the correct permissions to dial the numbers the operator may transfer through too.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Vaibhav,

Q1

Night Service is configured within the Web Admin, there is no way to invoke this via the console GUI. What some people tend to do is instead of usng the configured night service they configure No Operator overflow to go to the night mode destination, then when they log out it goes to the required destination until they log back in. Another option is to conigure the Night Mode destination as the Emergency overflow, this will allow the operators to put the queues into Emergency to go into Night Mode.

Q2

ia  their any way i can put Mobile numbers for End Users with Internal  Extension so while transferring just drag to Mobile Number as well and  transfer the call?

You can do this in the GUI, just go into the contact properties and add a mobile number, once added you can highlight a contact and press F2 on the keyboard, you will then see the mobile number listed as transferable destination.

Q3

is  their any way if i make my self unavailable on CUEAC client Console  other operator on the same queue can view my status that i am  Unavailable?

This is not possible in the product today but it on a list of enhancements to be made.

Q4

It is not possible to ring on the console and the phone at the same time, it is either one or the other. When you create a queue, there is an option called Forced Delivery, if you leave this unselected the calls ring in the console and all operators can see the calls, if you select this option the calls get forced out of the queue and get presented directly on the operators phone.

Hi Jamie

Thanks for your awesome answer, i am just looking for that only.

I have just one more question.

On system device management, we need to choose a reference Device Name over their and Inherit all the properties from their like CSS, DP, Call Manger Group an all

I have two different locations having one operator on each location and Two Queues and one operator is a part of one queue only and they are on different Device Pool having their own Local Gateways and Using different CSS.

So my question is , Which device Reference can be their which can catter my both Operators in respect calling out from the client console.

When they do transfer the call to any Mobile / PSTN, which CSS they will going to use.

CSS on the CTI Route Point

CSS on the CTI Ports 

CSS on the Physical Phone

Regards

Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

This is quite a complicated answer so here goes.

If you are performing a consult transfer (announing the caller first) then it will use the CSS of the physical phone used by the operator.

If you are performing a blind transfer (sending the call straight through) then it will use the CSS of the CTI Ports.

As you have mentioned this means that both operators use a shared pool of CTI Ports and therefore use the same properties with regards to CSS/PTN/Device Pool/MoH etc. In version 9 (due for release in June) we are giving the ability to create Queue Device Groups, this will allow you to configure a different group of CTI Ports and you can then assign that group to the relevant queue(s). Each group will have its own template device so you can have unique settings for different queues/operators.

In the meantime, there is a way to do something about this today. On the Operator PC, if you go into the registry and go to:

HKLM\Software\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Operator\Defaults - Direct Transfers

Change the value from Off to All (When doing this change it is important that the console is logged out and closed, otherwise the change will be lost the next time they log in),

What this setting does is bypass the use of CTI Ports when performing a blind transfer, the call in this scenario is redirected from the originating device and uses that CSS. As an example, if a call come in externally through your voice gateway, when performing a blind transfer it will redirect it from the gateway and use the CSS of the gateway, if your calls come in through different gateways for your different operators then this will ensure the correct CSS is used when perfoming a blind transfer.

One thing to note with turning this on is that this removes the feature of transfer recalls. As we are no longer using CTI Ports we are no longer monitoring the transfer, so if the call goes unanswered CUxAC is no longer aware and therefore cannot return the call to the operator.

Another important thing to note is if you use this feature you need to make sure the CSS of the Gateway has the correct permissions to dial the numbers the operator may transfer through too.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jamie

Thanks a lot for such a nice and descriptive answer.

Just one quick question , how we can play the welcome greeting for every diffrent queue.

if call comes to my Board Number and Board number is configured in CUEAC , than how we can play the welcome  greeting for every queue.

Regards

Vaibhav Gupta

Vaibhav,

It is not possible to do this directly in CUEAC, you would need to first send the call to Unity or another system that can play a message and then send the call to the Route Point used by your queue within CUEAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: