Views
Helpful
Replies

"Opening greeting is busy or does not answer" message

solomin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

When non-subscribers dial the pilot number for Unity VM they are getting message "Opening greeting is busy or does not answer". When subscribers dial the pilot number they are getting in sign-in conversation and everything seems to be OK.

There is no error messages in Event log. Opening greeting call handler is enabled.

How can i troubleshoot this issue ?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the opening greeting callhandler is missing a recipient. Select Messages link of Opening Greeting, and make sure that the "Message recipient" has a valid subscriber.

Hi hinho !

Thank you for your reply, i've checked the Message recipient of Opening greeting call handler. This is Example administrator.

This is by default, and seems to de OK.

You could monitor the ports to see what is going on.

1) Open Unity Diagnostic Tool (UDT), select Micro Traces, select Phrase to Monitor, select 10, 11, 12

2) open \commserver\Utilities\PortStatusMonitor\PortStatusMonitor.exe

Double click on the first few ports and see what is happenning when the calls come into opening greeting.

Hi !

Unfortunately the trace does not show anything interesting (it showed only which prompt played, but not why it was played).

I've run a script that rebuild default Unity objects and that repaired this issue.

Thank you for support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: