Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rebuild call manager subscriber

hello all

I have a cluster in a project ( 1 publisher and 1 subscriber ) . the publisher is down and I need to convert the subscriber to be publisher. can any one tell me the steps for that.

9 Replies 9

You cannot convert a subscriber to a publisher.

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply

I need to rebuild it 

I need to close the cluster and make the subscriber to publisher

What you can do is restore the Publisher node from the subscriber database. Process is available on the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116946-technote-product-00.html

You will however need to re-install the Publisher VM beforehand  and know the basic installation information :

• IP address
  • Host name
  • Domain name
  • Security passphrase
  • Exact CUCM version
  • Installed Cisco Options Package (COP) files

I can't login to the publisher or power it one my publisher server was broken so I need to make the subscriber to be publisher 

Then you would need to build one from scratch as @Nuno Melo wrote in the reply and restore it's database from the data that you have in the subscriber database.

Response Signature

I will make the system work with only one server I will not make a cluster again. As per my publisher server is broken and I have now  the subscriber only, So I need to make it act as a publisher.

How can I do that?

That is not possible. There is no way that you can convert a Subscriber into a Publisher. What you can do is what @Nuno Melo suggested, aka build a new Publisher by creating a new VM with the use of the appropriate OVA and then installing the CM on that with the appropriate ISO file. Once that is done then you can get the database from the Subscriber restored on the new Publisher. That's the best option you have at hand. That is if you don't have a valid DRS backup handy as then you could use that to restore the database on the newly built Publisher.

Response Signature

Can you tell me the right tap for downloading 

Screenshot (190).png

Recommend you to read the instructions for how to install a CM. It’s is covered there.

Response Signature