Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirected Caller ID

greg.charles
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

I'm new to Cisco Unified system and in my new position have inherited a system running a 2811 as our voice gateway router, IPCC version 4, Call Manager version 6 and Unity version 5.

We run a 24 x 7 call center that receives calls from our staff, our direct customers, and customers through third party re-sellers of our services. Each gruop has a different number they dial to reach us, but they all come to our one call center.

Currently when a call comes in a phone in our call center will display a 4 digit internal extension, I assume it is a number within a pool of numbers designated for our IPCC gruop. As soon as our reps answer the call, the display shows the number of the calling party. It does this for all incoming calls, so our reps never know who is actually calling.

Through existing translation patters I've discovered the Calling Party Transform Mask, so now, as soon as our reps answer, the phone displays a specific number that I designate, which gives them some knowledge of who it is calling. We lost the functionality of seeing the calling party's phone number, but management has determined this current setup is better so that our reps can answer the phone accordingly.

What I have been trying to determine is if there is a way to have the phones display more useful information than a set of numbers.

For example, the phone might show 5600, which we can train our reps to know is Cisco calling us. Is there a way to get the phone to display alpha-numberic information, such as "Cisco" or "5600 - Cisco"? If this happens to be possible, is it possible to go a step further and have this show as the first thing shown when our phones ring, then when they answer have the calling party number displayed?

Thanks in advance for your time and any help you can offer.

Greg

1 Reply 1

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The IPCC/UCCX agents see the CTI Port Extension on their phone display during a ringing agent state. IPCC/UCCX chooses a CTI Port from a media pool. Not until the agent answers the call and completing the transfer from UCCX is it then possible for the agent to see the originating calling information on the phone display.

It is possible to see this type of information in the Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD)

Now in certain situations it might make sense to split out your Media Groups (CTI Ports) and use different Display Names.

For example a customer has two Toll Free Numbers, each one dedicated to a single distributor.

Inbound 800-555-1000 (Distributor 1)

• Translated to JTAPI Trigger (CTI Route Point) 1000
    • Uses Media Group 1 (Group of CTI Ports)
      • CTI Ports 1500 – 1520
      • Display Name = Distributor 1
      • During the Transfer to an Agent Ringing State the Display should show the DN of the CTI Port and the Display Name “Distributor 1”

Inbound 800-555-2000 (Distributor 2)

• Translated to JTAPI Trigger (CTI Route Point) 2000
    • Uses Media Group 2 (Group of CTI Ports)
      • CTI Ports 2500 – 2520
      • Display Name = Distributor 2
      • During the Transfer to an Agent Ringing State the Display should show the DN of the CTI Port and the Display Name “Distributor 1”

So even though the agent would not know exactly what ANI is calling during the ringing state they would at least know how to answer the call differently based on the number dialed. Like I said this only fits in certain scenarios.

Hope that helps a little.