Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting Group Voicemail Password in Cisco Unity Express

Kevin Parsons
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

Does anyone know how to rest the password for a Group voice mail box on Cisco Unity Express (not a user voice mail box, but a group mail box.

I see all kinds of references to resetting the user's password and have done it many times, but apparently there is no way to do the same on a group voice mailbox?

Thanks in advance for any assistance . . . .

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

So we're in agreement that there is no actual PIN that relates directly to a Group mailbox so wouldn't you just need to determine what "user" mailbox they are using to access the "Group" mailbox and then use the method you mentioned to reset the PIN?

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

Group mailboxes in CUE are actually accessed via a standard user mailbox who is either a "Group member" or "Group Owner". Once they've accessed this mailbox using the PIN assigned to it they then press - (usually) 9 to listen to the group mailbox messages. You would need to determine what Owner or Group member mailbox the users are logging in with and then change that PIN/Password. Here's a clip;

GDM Access and Login

A GDM is associated with a group profile in the Cisco Unity Express configuration and does not have a login user ID or a PIN associated. Members of the group gain access to the GDM by logging into their personal mailboxes first (where individual User ID and PIN authentication checks are done) and then following a voice menu choice that allows them to access specific group mailboxes—for groups to which they belong. Employees who are not members of the group cannot access the GDM.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuedg21/cuevmdes.html#wp1008387

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, I am aware of all that.  The problem is no one at the customer site remembers what they set the PIN to . . . . .   :-O

First world problems . . . . . .

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

So we're in agreement that there is no actual PIN that relates directly to a Group mailbox so wouldn't you just need to determine what "user" mailbox they are using to access the "Group" mailbox and then use the method you mentioned to reset the PIN?

Cheers!

Rob

Kevin Parsons
Level 1
Level 1

Uhm. . . . yes

I think the customer just presented the problem to me in a way that got me off track, apologies. . . . .

Hi Kevin,

No worries my friend! I've had many, many instances where I tried in vain to follow along directly with a customer request only to find myself at my wits end :) This is one of the nice things about CSC where you can bounce your ideas off someone else......kind of a sanity check.

Cheers!

Rob