Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT error : "No services/systems logs selected for trace collection"

Collect Files in RT MT and go through the correct steps hit finish and get "No services/systems logs selected for trace collection"

Use same steps on other Unity and CU CM sites and it works, just one  customer site will not let me collect files in RT MT for their Cisco Unity

Steps taken:

1. Go to Trace & Log Central.
  2. Collect the files.
  3. Check the Connection Mailbox Sync checkbox.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Click Next again.
  6. Select the time range of test.
  7. Select the location for where to collect the files.
  8. Click Finish.Then get pop up: "No services/systems logs selected for trace collection
14 Replies 14

MichaelWells5
Level 1
Level 1

Having same issue with CUC 12.5.1. What version of Unity is running on your server?

Just trying to pull packet capture logs and getting same error. 

Running CUC version 12.5.1 .11900-57

Great ... this appears to be a bug. Have you opened a TAC case?

No

AkashVerma52677
Level 1
Level 1
++ In Lab Environment, added the IP and Hostname (Not FQDN) of the server in the hosts file where RTMT Client tool is installed. (Linux - "/etc/hosts" ; Windows - "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts") ++ Installed 32-Bit latest Java (not 64-bit). ++ Uninstall and Reinstall the latest version of RTMT again. ++ Rebooted the Machine. ++ All worked fine. ++ Found BUG CSCvs24547/CSCvs09607 for UCCX. But the same BUG should affect other VOS platform too. I faced this issue on VVB 12.5 Server.

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

Having same issue with UCCX 12.5.1. It's so embarrassing for Cisco

gdribusc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,
This is a DNS related issue.

There a few ways to fix this. Easiest way is just set the Host Name/IP Address in the Server configuration to the IP Address of the node.
CUCM: CM Administration > System > Server > Find and click the node.
CUC: CUC Administration > System Settings > Cluster > Find and click the node.

Also what  AkashVerma52677 comment is another way to solve the issue.

Hope this helps!

Yup, computer cannot resolve hostname. I think easiest fix is mapping IP to hostname on computer Hosts file. Less intrusive than server update. 

For me worked perfect, thank you very much,

After change Domain Name for IP address in the CUCM is mandatory to reload Cisco RTMT application.

Regards!

That worked for me and saved my time.

Regards,

Hari

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm having the same issue for Customer Collaboration Platform (CCP) version 12.5, formerly Cisco SocialMiner. After updating the hosts file and verifying DNS the issue still persists. 

Has anyone encountered this for CCP or SocialMiner? 

Error upon launching RTMT: 

"Unable to Restore Configuration!"

rtmt-error-1.JPG

Error upon attempting to pull traces:

"No Services/System Logs selected for trace collection"

Oleg Serstjuk
Level 1
Level 1

this is a DNS/config issue - I got this error because I had only hostname configured for servers not FQDN

You can see this when selecting in rtmt durring log collection - i.e cucpub instead of cucpub.cisco.com - so cucpub cannot be resolved by local laptop/pc

Change the hostanme to FQDN to resolve

To Workaround this:

To use the Trace and Log Central feature, make sure that RTMT can directly access the node or all of the nodes in a cluster.
Make sure that the ip/host information of the Server Node(s) is present in the host file where RTMT Client tool is installed. (Linux - "/etc/hosts" ; Windows - "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" )

Example:
192.168.1.10 FinesseNode1.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode1
192.168.1.13 FinesseNode2.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode2

Excelente,

Ejemplo: X.X.X.X  [IP del Servidor]      CUCM-PUB [nombre con el que se configuro] 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: