Views
Helpful
Replies

Send After Hours Incoming calls straight to Voicemail

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running CUCM 6.1.3 and Unity 4.0.4.

I have currently setup on our mail line the standard greeting (Workhours 8am-6pm) and the closed greeting (AfterHours 6pm-8am).

What I am trying to do now, is to send straight to voicemail all After Hours incoming calls.

I have read it could be done from Unity.

If you let me know how to (Step by step) if will be great!!

Thanks for you help.

Zeek 

21 Replies 21

Ok, no problem. You can explain it again if you have not reached a resolution yet with the Direct-to-VM solution (CTI port / Time based PT), we can still try to help.

Thanks

Ovais.

So, here is what I've done so far, please correct me if I am missing something.

I've created a CTI DirectToVM.

A DirecToVoiceMail partition setup with a Time Schedule for afterhours.

A Translation Pattern *XXXX with the above Partition

Then created a CSS and added DirectToVoiceMail partition at the top.

I setup our main ext with the CSS.

Is this all?

If you have never configured this before then follow the instructions at the link below

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3925

Thanks

Ovais

Could you please re-share the doc again?  I have never configured this before.

I'm sorry.  I may have confused you with the *XXXX part.

Here's the step-by-step: (BTW, I forgot a step eariler, which I have included here.)

Create one or more Time Periods that cooresponds to the times that you want the calls forwarded to VM.

Create a Time Schedule that includes all of the Time Periods you just created.

Create a new partition, Afterhours-PT (or whatever you like).  Assign it the Time Schedule you just created.

(These three are all done from the Call Routing | Class of Control menu)

Check your existing Voice Mail Profile.  If the Voice Mail Box Mask is blank, create a copy with a new name and set the mask to be XXXX.

(This is done from the Voice Mail | Voice Mail Profile menu.  It also might not be necessary, but we have it in our environment.)

Create one Route Point for each DN that you want forwarded to VM.  For each...

Assign Line 1 to the same number as the DN you want forwarded, but in the Afterhours-PT.

Assign the Voice Mail Profile to be the one you created (or your general one, if you already have a Voice Mail Box Mask.)

Check the Voice Mail box next to Call Forward All

Edit your Calling Search Space.  If you have multiple, either edit them all, or just the one(s) that apply to your incoming calls (i.e. assigned to your voice gateway(s)).  Insert the Afterhours-PT and move it up the list so that it is first.

And that is all.  This is a little simplier than what I described earlier because it is only used by the Afterhours partition.  Our environment also allows users to forward calls directly to VM, which is where the *XXXX comes in.

Thanks a lot for all details.

I will configured it today and get back to you guys tomorrow after testing the system.

Zeek

BTW, thanks to the excellent document that Ovais posted (5 stars for you, BTW), I remembered why we put in that Voice Mail Box Mask, and it is not necessary for this task.  The method that is described in that document is useful for user-initiated transfers to VM, but not needed when using time-sensitive Intercept partitions like we are.