Views
Helpful
Replies

services url does not work during failover, all other services works

solomonthuo
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have configured load-balancing on CSM and also configured a virtual IP for all URLs (information, directory, services & authentication) on the CCM (UCM 7.1.3). The problem is that the services button do not work while all other URLs work when publisher is down. if i set the services URL to the subscriber IP it only works when  the publisher is up. but if i shut the publisher and configure the services url manually, it doesnt work still. could someone assist.

regards

Solomon

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Have you configured your CSM properly so it can detects the HTTP down on CUCM?

What did you mean by "services button do not work while all other URLs work"?  What other URLs were you talking about?

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

hi michael

On the CSM i have allowed port 8080 since all CCM URLs seems to have that port. I mean the directory url, information & authentication urls  works well, when i press the services button, the phone just shows requesting. some background info, i have pub & sub. i had configured DNS failover but noticed its taking ages to connect to the subscriber when i take down the publisher. After configuring the CSM, i shutdown the ports where publisher is connected and this is when i notice the services URL doesn't respond. Do i need to allow other ports on the CSM?

thanks

solomon

Have you configure your CSM to proble the port 8080 on CUCM?  So it'll know that port was down and direct the traffic to another server?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael

My configs are as follows:

natpool IPT      V.V.V.V  V.V.V.V netmask 255.255.255.0

probe IPT_TCP tcp

interval 7

retries 1

failed 3

open 1

port 8080

serverfarm CISCO_IPT

nat server

nat client IPT

description cisco IPT

real X.X.X.X

health probe IPT_TCP

inservice

real Y.Y.Y.Y

health probe IPT_TCP

inservice

vserver CISCOPH_IPT

virtual V.V.V.V any

serverfarm CISCO_IPT

sticky 1 group 2

replicate csrp sticky

replicate csrp connection

persistent rebalance

inservice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: