cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Jabber to "Join in Webex" by default for meetings

ChrisHuppman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to, when jabber is installed on a clients machine, to force the settings under the MEETINGs tab to default to 'Join in Webex" instead of "Join in Jabber"? 

We are running 12.9*. Already have strings added to default the view to classic instead of modern, but i have too many users complaining that they keep joining webex meetings via Jabber instead of webex and they cant figure it out. 

Now, you can select the preference at the bottom; 2020-07-24 11_47_58-Cisco Jabber.png (as shown) but we are getting ready to roll this out to 6000 users and i cant keep having people open tickets. Id rather force it to use webex, and make them sign in so its always the default. 

5 Replies 5

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

I wanted to do this as well, but couldn't find any parameter to make it happen.

What I did instead was to just disable to the Join in Jabber option altogether. In the Jabber XML, under Options:

<Options>
   <ConfMediaType>WebExOnly</ConfMediaType>

I was wondering if that was going to have to be my route. My only concern is for those who prefer using the jabber call in function. I'd assume that once enabling that parameter, no matter what they choose they're unable to use Jabber for meetings.

After enabling it, it becomes a simple green Join button that always launches Webex. I feel its a simpler/better user experience. Users can always click the SIP address in the Webex meeting invite and that will take them in via Jabber. But yeah the Jabber option is gone from the pop-up reminder.

I found in earlier Jabber versions it was more clearly identifiable for end users with the separate blue/green Join buttons, but now that its merged into a less-noticeable drop-down, it just causes confusion like you mentioned.

Thanks. I hate to go that route and force people who DONT want to use webex, to have to use it. But, odds are we will have to make the change.

Appreciate the response.

David Little
Level 1
Level 1

I don't even get a place to chose.. what is your XML config for this???