Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Attendant Console Server

justserve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I've been trying to setup a Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console Server but to no avail. The installation was successful but my the integration with CUCM wasn't successful. Can anyone please assist with a Step-by-Step Guide to Configure successfully especially the CUCM configuration part.

CUCM Version is 7.1(3)

CUEAC Version is 8.0.3.9

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console Web  Admin/Installation Guide Version 8.0.0.5

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/cueacag8005.pdf

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

The link that the previous person has given you is actually for the previous version of CUEAC, which won't be a great deal of help for CUCM integration as this area changed quite a bit between 8.0.0.5 and 8.0.3.

Specifically, instead of an End User account required on the CUCM server, you now use an Application User account. You should find the 'Web Admin and Installation Guide' document that came with CUEAC should outline this, but you can get hold of the new 8.5 version document from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/cueacag85x.pdf which from an installation point anyway is just the same as 8.0.3.

Follow through the installation checklist in the above linked document. Create the Application User (if you haven't already) with the correct user groups and permissions, and provide the username/password details of that to the CUEAC server, and check how far the integration goes. You may need to look at the Cisco TAPI TSP configuration on the CUEAC server if you're still having bother. The appendixes of the installation guide talk you through some of that.

Hello All,

Thank you for your responses. I have the guide and followed the step in it. Well, I'll start the process all over again.

However, I'll like to know if the Attendant Console Server and CUCM must be on the same LAN segment or VLAN. Also do I need any additional hardware apart from the CUEAC Machines - Server Machine and Client Machine for the the integration.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

No, they do not need to be on the same VLAN.

When you are using Attendant console. It is recommended that you create a template for the CTI ports which attendant Console will create on CUCM while synchronisation. or else each time the Syncrhonisation between CUCM and Consle happens you would loose Partition etc information on the CTI ports which could lead to situation where Attendant console stops working properly.

Regards

Aijaz

I am installing CUDAC 8.6.1 with CUCMBE 5000.

I have succesfully installed and have to create the all the ports in cucm via the attendant console server once I created a cti port template in cucm.

I have registered the software but the client still says it is unregistered 5 day evaluation. There is no directory and majority of the buttons are greyed out. I can hold and clear calls.

Client is xp and server is 2008R1 32 bit.

The install guide for cudac and cueac both say to use application user but then give a warning under the cucm connectivity section that the username and password must not belong to an application user.

Someone did suggest that the client and servers time need to be in sync. They are about 28 seconds out.

Thanks

Feisal