Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Early media and auto attendant

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all experts .

I have taken SIP trunk from an ITSP which is terminated to 2821 running CME and basic auto attendant using Tcl. When the caller hears the auto attendant greetings, is it the example of SIP early media ?

3 Replies 3

Hi John

Early media refers to media (e.g., audio and video) that is exchanged before a particular session is accepted by the called user.  Within a dialog, early media occurs from the moment the initial INVITE is sent until the User Agent Server (UAS) generates a final response.  It may be unidirectional or bidirectional, and can be generated by the caller, the callee, or both.

Typical examples of early media generated by the callee are ringing tone and announcements (e.g.,queuing status).  Early media generated by the caller typically consists of voice commands or dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) tones to drive interactive voice response (IVR) systems.

So, your SIP Trunk is able to send the greetings as early media.. As per my understanding its working.

Thanks. Pl rate useful posts.

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5
Hi,

Is it possible to share your Tcl script? I have a similar requirement. Would like to see which API calls(s) you used to achieve this.

I figured this out for myself...  I wasn't sending a progress indicator on the progress leg when playing media:

leg progress leg_incoming -p 8
media play leg_incoming $prompt

This works in ISDN as expected, and translates into a SIP 183 with SDP for CUBE.