Views
Helpful
Replies

smart license reservation in CUCM 12.0

SahilKhan8824
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What the procedure to enable Smart License Reservation Feature in Call Manger Version 12.0?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upgrade to 12.5 as that's the version where license reservation was introduced, then review the 12.5 RNs for more information.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you so much, the cucm verion 12.0 was running Evaluation licenses and it's expired already .So in this case can I upgrade it to 12.5 version ?

You should fix your licensing issues right now, and then upgrade.

HTH

java

Okay, let me explain it to you my current situation. As we know that starting from CUCM 12.0 Cisco has introduced smart licensing and which require internet connection to get licenses registration, However, in my case access to internet from CUCM 12.0 is not allowed . The only option to activate the licenses is to generate license reservation request code from CLI and followed by the authorization code from CSSM .This bring me back to my original question "what the procedure to enable smart license reservation in CUCM 12.0" ? because I couldn't found any document explaining the procedure for CUCM 12.0.So ,please advise

Refer to my first reply, I already provided that information.

HTH

java

You can setup a on-prem SSM, formerly known as a Smart Licensing Satellite server, then point UC systems that use smart licensing to this. The on-prem SSM has access to the cloud SSM and as such contains the licensing information.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

You can setup a on-prem SSM, formerly known as a Smart Licensing Satellite server, then point UC systems that use smart licensing to this. The on-prem SSM has access to the cloud SSM and as such contains the licensing information.

For additional information please see this document. https://www.cisco.com/web/software/286285517/147683/Smart_Software_Manager_On-Prem_7_Installation_Guide.pdf

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: