cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software subscription vs. traditional a la carte model

bonho
Level 5
Level 5

It is clear that a communications system is a critical part of an enterprise’s business strategy. At whatever capacity the system is being used at (making phone calls, runing messaging applications, contact center environment), your communications system can increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction. This is important in a tough economy.

We understand that customers who have a
Cisco Unified Communications System want to keep their systems current to maximize their return on investment and lower total ownership costs. When it comes to upgrades, why should these customers consider a software subscription model compared to the traditional a-la-carte model?

In the traditional subscription model, customers are purchasing their upgrades separately and for individual products. This approach makes upgrades costly, access to help is limited, and if customers want the latest technology, there may be a longer wait period.

With a software subscription model, customers can keep pace with technology advancements and enhance productivity by enabling the latest product features and capabilities through major software upgrades. They are able to cost-effectively predict and plan IP communications budgets over multiple years.

What benefits are you seeing with a software subscription vs. traditional a la carte model? Are you willing to commit to a multi-year software subscription term (3+ years)? Why? Or why not?

Bonnie

Solutions Marketing Manager

17 Replies 17

Thanks for the reply, my confusion comes from the Dynamic config tool, which will not let you have more than 15% of the total phones analog or public space combined.  I have tried it with more analog and more public space and it does not allow it either way.

I just tried a number of configs in the DCT and they all went through.  Can you give specifics on numbers so I can debug?

bonho
Level 5
Level 5

I have recently posted an announcement on significant enhancements made to Cisco's licensing model. I encourage you to view this announcement here:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/41704

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: