cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SP2 for MSDE

annayuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

We'll upgrade Unity 402 to 403, before doing that we want to verify the current backup file is valid. The Unity currently is running at Unity 4.02 with MSDE database and SP2. I want to install a MSDE server on a test server to test the backup file. Where can I download SP2 for MSDE? The Unity media has lost.Thanks

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

which file should I download for patch the MSDE?Thanks.

You need SQL2KDeskSP2.exe.

Thanks,

Keith

I downloaded the sql2kdeskfullsp2 and unzipped it.But when I was trying to run it , I got the following error:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

FYI, I installed MSDE from Unity Data Store CD.

What should I do?

Thanks

Make sure that the file you have downloaded has downloaded completely. It needs to be 26903 KB. Usually, the error means that the package has been corrupted during download.

the file size is ok. The microsoft link says that I need to buy a SQL SP CD to and use that CD to apply SP2 to avoid this error

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: