Views
Helpful
Replies

srsv branch is unreachable

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Currently I have a new 10.x SRSV deployment that will not allow me to add a new branch from the CUC central server. When I create the branch I get the error message branch is unreachable. From the troubleshooting document I see this could be an issue with the PAT port. However I am using 443 the default port. Also when I pulled a PCAP I see that TLSv1.2 Alert handshake failure.  

Pings of course between the two servers are completing successfully. 

My first questions is I have a slight version mismatch between my SRSV branch router and the CUC central server. I am currently patching it now to be identical. Is this the source of my problems? 

There is nothing in the 10.x documentation I see about certs but I went ahead and took the Tomcat certs and added them as trust on each server and still getting the unreachable message. Is a cert exchange needed?

Can anyone shed any more light on this or point me to the correct documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gregory,

The following general procedure applies to this issue:

For  the server in Central location;
set network domain

Restart server
utils system restart

Repeat procedure for SRSV location.
Set network domain
utils system restart

Regenerate all the certificates on Central and SRSV site:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/os_administration/guide/
10xcucosagx/10xcucosag060.html

Upload tomcat certificates to tomcat-trust store between Central Publisher and SRSV
location.

Execute below command from CLI of Central and SRSV servers to allow SelfSignedCertificates
communication:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE
csp_ConfigurationModify(pFullName='System.SRSV.AcceptSrsvSelfSignedCertificates',
pValue='1');

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gregory,

The following general procedure applies to this issue:

For  the server in Central location;
set network domain

Restart server
utils system restart

Repeat procedure for SRSV location.
Set network domain
utils system restart

Regenerate all the certificates on Central and SRSV site:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/os_administration/guide/
10xcucosagx/10xcucosag060.html

Upload tomcat certificates to tomcat-trust store between Central Publisher and SRSV
location.

Execute below command from CLI of Central and SRSV servers to allow SelfSignedCertificates
communication:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE
csp_ConfigurationModify(pFullName='System.SRSV.AcceptSrsvSelfSignedCertificates',
pValue='1');

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Manish,

Thank you for this reply I will try this.

Can you let me know if once I accept self signed cert I can toggle the value back no problem.

I am currently testing in lab with a non production CUC.  I wanted to do some basic test before I send this out in the field.

The SRSV module will be going out to a site where we will have a CA signed cert on the CUC server.

I want to avoid a rebuild.

Found this in the reference guide now. Maybe I missed that part of the documentation.

Also looks like the document has one of the sql commands wrong.

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_ConfigurationModify(pFullName='System.SRSV.IgnoreSrsvCertificateErrors', pValue='1')

not

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_ConfigurationModify(pFullName='System.SRSV.System.SRSV.IgnoreSrsvCertificateErrors', pValue='1')

Thanks as always Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: