cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sub put through to dir handler

d1nnsear
Level 1
Level 1

New 4.0.4 VM only install. This has just been setup as a test environ at the mo. There's only a handful of subs on the sys so far.

One of them dialed into VM from a softphone, tried a Dir search, but couldn't do one because no one had recorded their name yet. Now whenever he dials into Unity he gets the default dir handler instead of his greeting (even from his phone). He has to enter * twice to get the default greeting & sign in.

Anyone had this? Why is it happening!?

Cheers,

NJ.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well - Unity isn't going to automatically route calls to the name lookup handler without a routing rule or something along those lines kicking in (i.e. it's not like routing a forwarded call to a call handler or a direct call to a subscriber).

Based only on your description here there's not much to go on - I'd pop open the Port Status Monitor (which you'll find in the tools depot on your desktop) and look at how the call is routing thorugh the system on the inbound call. Either the handler it's going through or a routing rule is kicking in for that user when they dial in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well - Unity isn't going to automatically route calls to the name lookup handler without a routing rule or something along those lines kicking in (i.e. it's not like routing a forwarded call to a call handler or a direct call to a subscriber).

Based only on your description here there's not much to go on - I'd pop open the Port Status Monitor (which you'll find in the tools depot on your desktop) and look at how the call is routing thorugh the system on the inbound call. Either the handler it's going through or a routing rule is kicking in for that user when they dial in.

Yep, turned out to be a routing rule order prob. Doh!

Cheers.