cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T.37 Store and Forward Faxing

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why this is not compatible with MGCP and if any plans are in the works for it to work with MGCP?

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not aware of any plans of adding support for this. The problem is that for MGCP, the call agent (callmanager or whatever) is in control of the port. It's architecturally so different, I would doubt it will ever happen. T.37 relies on the logic in the router to answer the call and figure out it's a fax call so it can be handled.

Thanks for your help. It looks like I may need to turn to a winfax solution, or would MGCP still be a problem.

How would the winfax box be attached to everything else? The thing that I would be concerned about is making sure that everything in between can transfer the fax fine. E.g. if the call is coming into a router controlled by MGCP, the outgoing gateway (another IOS router, vg248, ATA, etc) must also support and be configured for the same fax relay--such as T.38 or cisco fax relay (or passthrough). Since the winfax will be attached to an analog trunk (I would think), it's basically the same as having a fax machine attached to that port.