cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tool(s) in Cisco Unified CM Administration to support Identity Management (IDM)?

Hi,

In our "Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.0.1.11000-2" installation, I can manually create and administrate users information.

But we do also have an identity Management (IDM) system in house, that creates users in Microsoft 2003 Active Directory and some sub-systems with the necessary rights they need.

It would be a lot easier, if our IDM system could create the user in our “Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.0.1.11000-2" when they are created in the MS Active Directory, with the right username, first name, last name, department name and so forth.

Is there any tool that I can use to make this automatic import of user information?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

There are couple solutions.

You may integration CUCM with LDAP.  Whenever you have a user created in LDAP, CUCM will synchronize that user into CUCM user database.  Then you may assign different permissions for different LDAP users.

If you don't want to do LDAP integration, you may also consider using AXL to create users in CM database.  AXL is an interface for 3rd-party software to read/write database.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

There are couple solutions.

You may integration CUCM with LDAP.  Whenever you have a user created in LDAP, CUCM will synchronize that user into CUCM user database.  Then you may assign different permissions for different LDAP users.

If you don't want to do LDAP integration, you may also consider using AXL to create users in CM database.  AXL is an interface for 3rd-party software to read/write database.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Do you have any examples on how this works with LDAP?

I have tried to find something, but I can not seem to find any examples on how to set this up

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius