Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 14.x: Enable SSO for Jabber only, without CUCM Administration

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We've enabled SSO for an On-Premise deployment consisting of CUCM and IM&P servers for the sole purpose of allowing Jabber for Windows users to authenticate without a password. We are not interested in having SSO for the web-based administration of the servers, namely CUCM and IM&P. 

Having enabled SSO, we don't see a way to disable it for web-based authentication. On the Publisher there is a Recovery URL for CUCM Administration and OS Administration but not Serviceability, Reporting and DRS. On the Subscribers and IM&P nodes it's the same deal. 

Is there a way to disable SSO for web-based authentication, or perhaps open a Recovery URL for all the aforementioned functions? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

No, either SSO is enabled or not. You cannot select to enable SSO only for specific "connections".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

No, either SSO is enabled or not. You cannot select to enable SSO only for specific "connections".

Alright, thanks for the quick reply!

Might I ask for what reason you don’t want to have SSO for the webpages in CM? It’s the best thing ever to not need to enter your credentials multiple times per day when you access the admin UI.

Response Signature

There are connection brokers that do that for you while also monitoring activity and such, it depends on the organization

I might be daft, but I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying. Care to elaborate on this to make it clearer?

Response Signature