cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC IMAP...Can't delete Messages from Outlook

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a CUCM BE 5000 8.6.1a server and I have my Outlook configured as an IMAP client to Unity Connection.  Everything is working except I can't delete any messages from the mailbox in Outlook.  Is this by design?  Can this be changed?

Also, is VoiceView a separate license?  I don't know much about VoiceView but it seems to give a few more options than straight IMAP.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you delete a message via IMAP from Outlook, it will be moved to the deleted items folder, but it will stay in Unity Connection mailbox and this is normal. You will need to delete the "deleted messages"  from the TUI itself to clear the messages.  Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/email/7xcucugemail030.html#wp1012241

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for the link.  However, the IMAP mailbox only has an Inbox and Search Folders.  No deleted items.  If I highlight a message and press delete I get an error saying there is no deleted items folder.  I don't get the grayed out w/line as the link you posted says I should get.

I was able to get around this by going into Outlook, File, Account Settings, Change Account, Internet E-mal settings, More settings, Deleted Items, and clicking on "Mark items for deletion but do not move them automatically"

Hope this helps