Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - Upgrade Voicemail Card

kj.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Has  anyone upgrade the voicemail compact flash card in a UC560 system?  If  so, what is the procedure and what is the maximum size card I can use,  8GB, 16 GB ?  I'm using CCA 3.0 (1).

Thanks in advance.

KJN

2 Replies 2

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

KJ,

The compact flash used by CUE on the UC5x0 systems cannot be upgraded.

-Felipe

kyle woodhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi KJ, I believe there is a CUE compact flash card upgrade for the UC560.  I do not know if there is an upgrade for other models.  I hope this helps,

Replacing the Voicemail Compact Flash on the UC560 and Performing a Voicemail Upgrade:

A larger capacity Voicemail Compact Flash for the UC560 can be ordered from Cisco as a spare (UC500-8GB= for the 8-GB flash and UC500-4GB= for the 4-GB flash).

WARNING Before installing a new Voicemail Compact Flash on the UC560, you must save and back up the configuration on the UC560 and then power down the UC560. Failure to do so can cause the system to become inoperable or result in data loss.

To replace the Voicemail Compact Flash on the UC560 and perform a voicemail upgrade using CCA, perform these steps.

STEP 1 Make sure that you have performed the tasks listed in Preparing for a Voicemail Upgrade, page 539.

STEP 2 Power down the UC560.

STEP 3 Locate the Voicemail Compact Flash slot and remove the existing Voicemail Compact Flash.

STEP 4 Insert the new compact flash in the Voicemail Compact Flash slot.

STEP 5 Power on the UC560.

STEP 6 With the PC running CCA connected to the LAN side of the UC500, launch CCA and connect to the UC560.

CCA detects that a new Voicemail Compact Flash is installed, displays a message informing you that there is no CUE voice mail software installed, and asks you if you want to install it.

• If you choose Yes, the UC500 Software Installation wizard appears.

• If you choose No or close the window, you can always reopen it from the feature bar by choosing Maintenance > Software Upgrade > UC500.

Because the new Voicemail Compact Flash does not have any software or data on it, voicemail features are not available on the system until you install the voice mail software.

STEP 7 Follow the onscreen instructions in the UC500 Software Installation wizard to install voice mail software and language files. When asked to choose an installation option, choose Voicemail Software.

The upgrade process takes approximately 30 minutes.

CCA performs a restore from the most recent voicemail backup after the software installation completes.

STEP 8 To verify that the voice mail software installation completed successfully

• Open the Voicemail window (Configure > Telephony > Voicemail) and verify that the available voicemail storage data reflects the increased capacity.

• Make calls, leave voice mail messages, and retrieve messages to verify that the voice mail system functions as expected.

• Retrieve existing voice mail to verify that old voice mails are accessible as expected.

STEP 9 Save the configuration (Configure > Save Configuration).

STEP 10 Back up the new configuration (Maintenance > Configuration Archive, Backup).