Views
Helpful
Replies

UCL licensing with Jabber

Adnan_Siddiqi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people , 

We have Starter kit with 35 enhanced licenses ( using 8845)  and equal number of essential UCL  licenses for 6901. Now we want to install more phones and want to have same extensions on our Smart Phones . What I understand we should use Jabber for that on our smart phones and jabber would use Enhanced UCL.

a) If same user has two devices one 6905 and One Jabber on Smart phone can I user one enhanced and one Essential UCL instead of using Enhanced plus UCL as it would cost me more than using two licenses. i.e. Enhanced UCL + Essential UCL

b ) for phones other than 6905 , like 8845 we surely have to go with Enhanced plus UCL for using the same extension number on phone and Smart Phone ( Jabber )  . Correct ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, a user can only use ONE license at any point in time, you cannot do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, a user can only use ONE license at any point in time, you cannot do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks , it means user license will take precedence over device licenses , when ever a user is going to use more than one device he has to go for enhanced plus UCL or  UWL 

Hi there

Its always User licenses for the features. Below is the matrix which give you a good idea.

cuwl lic.JPG   

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: