Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect phone services Jabber Andorid 10.5.2

alanbatres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

When i use the Jabber Voice (Green Icon) it's easy to configure the device using BOTMYNAME, but now i want connect using the Jabber IM, i already did the configuration to add to the CUP server but i when login in my android phone just receive instant messaging but unable to use phone services and calls.

I can't find one good explained guide to configure my device, i dont know if i had to add a CSF device or a dual mode for android and what device name put in it.

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber IM is only for chats. You will have to use Integrated clients (10.5.x) to use both chat and calls together.

Make sure you are using one of the compatible phones, if not the voice may not work (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/jabber-android/data_sheet_c78-649887.html)

I tested it myself and it works like a charm on Samsung models and Nexus, I had troubles with LG and Huawei

Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Hi.

Also HTC has problem on that. It registers with phone services if UDP is selected as transport in phone security specific profile.

Unfortunately even if I succeed to register it, it cannot be called and it cannot call.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z1,  recently i read that it's necessary set an Mixed security profile for this phone to work, but in the app description not mention this.

I'm gonna to test with another phone model.

Regards.