cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to forward to personal Outlook distribution list

wrogers
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to forward a voicemail delivered to my unified inbox to a personal distribution list I created in my Contacts folder Outlook. All of the members of the distribution list are users of Unity Connection. When I send the message, it shows it was sent, but no one ever receives it. If I forward the message to the users by typing their name in vs. using the distribution list it delivers just fine. Is this expected beaviour? Can Unity Connection be configured to allow this?

Currently runing Unity Connection 8.6.2.20000-76 and Exchange 2010 SP3

Wes

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. Do you get an NDR? Does the Exchange hub transport log show that it delivered the message to CXN? I wonder if the TO header differs in some way and CXN doesn't like it. I'm a bit out on a limb here so this may not work. Try downloading the BadMail folder contents to see if the MTA dropped the message there. You should be able to open the messages in a text editor.

Launch RTMT

Connect to CXN publisher

Browse to System > Tools > Trace & Log Central > Remote Browse

Select 'Connection Message Transfer Agent'.

Click Next and then Click through Dropdown Tree Until 'Nodes->(Server)->CUC->Connection Message Transfer Agent

Click on 'UmssMtaBadMail' folder and see what's present.

Download anything that seems recent.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I don't get any NDRs. I don't see anything in the logs on the Exchange server that reveal an attempt to deliver or an NDR of the message. Also, with my testing, the message did not show up in my sent items, I mistated that fact in my originial post.

Also, via the RTMT I was able to find the folder's you described but could not correlate any itmes in them to the date and time stamp of my test messages.

Thanks for any additional thoughts.

After further testing, I found the issue is linked to the Viewmail Add-in for Outlook. If I disable the Add-in, it works just as I would want, I can forward the message without issue to any distribution list or external recipient. The form must force some internal CXN name resolution.

Also, via the RTMT I was able to find the folder's you described but could not correlate any itmes in them to the date and time stamp of my test messages.

Did you account for UTC offset? The timestamps may not be in your local timezone.

If I disable the Add-in, it works just as I would want, I can forward the message without issue to any distribution list or external recipient. The form must force some internal CXN name resolution.

Ah yes, nice catch. When VMO is present it will route replies/forward back to CXN directly. The idea is to get voicemail replies back into the user's actual voice mailbox so MWI and such works. CXN should forward emails (i.e. text messages) on to it's SMTP Smarthost for final routing though. Is Exchange allowing mail to DLs across that unauthenticated receive connector? By default I do not believe it allows this.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I did not consider the UTC offset nor have I had a chance to look at those logs again.

I did however, configure my smart host relay and now I am able to forward voicemails outside of the organization using the Viewmail form without issue. I am still unable to forward to a personal distribution list that includes internal users that are CXN users. No NDR, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: