cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upload WAV Greeting

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

I just created a new System Call Handler (UC 10.5), and am trying to import my .wav file, but when I attempt to record from my computer, I receive a java (v8 u171) error:

Could not open the Audio Mixer Line to record on.
    Audio Format: PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, 2 bytes/frame, little-endian,
    Line Format: PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, 2 bytes/frame, little-endian,
    Exception: javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: line with format PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, 2 bytes/frame, little-endian not supported.

This is definitely a Java error. It only happens after I click on the record button. I have tried to create a recording from my phone and changing it. I have tried to play back from and phone and changing it as well,  but still no success. I have also made sure my UC is also whitelisted. I don't have an issue playing messages, just importing them from my computer. Below is a screenshot of the error as well.

2018-05-09 16_42_34-Error Message.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

I got it to work. I was able to scrounge up an old version of Java7. Seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for the help, guys!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Why dont you try using Audio text manager. You can download that from the below link.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks Rath. That's a pretty niffty tool and could definitely use something like this in the future. But this wouldn't help much with my current problem. Java seems to be what is preventing me from actually getting to the file explorer.

If formatting is the problem, try using the website g711.org to upload, convert, and download the wav file. I have used this to convert a variety of music and announcement file formats for upload to CUCM.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, formatting isn't the issue. I can't even get to open the file explorer to select the file. Java is definitely the culprit on this. I'm just running out of ideas on what to change so that it can play nice with UC.

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

I got it to work. I was able to scrounge up an old version of Java7. Seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for the help, guys!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: