cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Undeliverable messages and example administrator

loevans
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who got handed a unity system that never had the undeliverable messages setup to go to someone else other than the example administrator. There are 4G worth of VMs in that mailbox. What is the best way for him to get those either into another mailbox or clear them out?

Thanks,

Loy

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, the easiest way to do it is via a desktop client - I'd install Outlook on a box off the Unity server, connect to the Exchange server we're partnered with, log into that mailbox and move all the messages to another mailbox for review.

If you just want to toast them, you can do this fairly easily using the same mechanism or using the Message Store Manager - you didn't indicate which version of Unity you're running but I'm assuming some 4.x derivative.

You can, in fact, go through steps to just completely remove the Example administrator account from the box if you want to go that route. You need to replace references to it with a legitimate account, of course. Here's a tech tip on removing that account in a 3.x system:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800e25f2.shtml

the same steps work for a 4.x box as well, although it's easier to just use Global Subscriber Manager to remove it in 4.x (it launches a wizard to collect repacement references as needed).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: