cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications in VMWare

aguy
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have experience with TAC and UCM 8/Unity 8/Presence 8 in an unsupported VM enviornment?  I see from the wiki table:

Deployment Scenario                                   Server Hardware    Shared Storage Hardware     VMware Software     Cisco Application Software

Customer-provided  Server and VMware     Third-party              Third-party                             Third-party                Cisco

that they do support software only but dont want to be denied support because of some silly technicality.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It is true

Have a look at this thread, especially the attachments from Gajanan (2 - pdf's)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3615754#3615754

It's very painful to be sure for those of us with a non-HP/IBM

deployment.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if I completely understand your question as the "unsupported" throws me off, you should always build your environment to be supported, you have two options when building virtualized environment for UC apps:

1. TRC

2. Spec based

both of which are supported with some slight guidline variations which you cannot deviate from in order to get full support.

The table you are referring to simply points out who you need to contact for particular issue.

HTH,

Chris

Let me clarify.  What I mean by unsupported is that the ESXi4/intel 5620 enviornment (supported) doesnt have a HP/IBM/UCS sticker on it.  Hardware chart under the section "Can I use this server?".  Looks like they can refuse TAC support becasue of that.  It seems very silly.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It is true

Have a look at this thread, especially the attachments from Gajanan (2 - pdf's)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3615754#3615754

It's very painful to be sure for those of us with a non-HP/IBM

deployment.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Wow cisco.  Ill do my part and complain.  Thanks Rob.

Andre