cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified messages not getting the called party:

eprestholdt
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the right area, but saw alot of Unity subjects, and figured I would give it a shot.  I am running on CUCM 7 with Unity 7 Unified w/ Lotus notes.

I am having a few users that while calling internal staff, they can hear the greetings, leave a message, and being told the message is sent.  However on the receiving side, the message is never delivered.  After some troubleshooting, it is not phone specific, but more DN related.  The options on the troubled DN's are the same as others, and have recreated them to confirm.  The areas that I know to look for errors or warning, are not saying anything.  While monitoring the VM ports, all seems as it should.  I am planning to reboot the unity servers tongiht, as that sometimes works for windows servers, but wondering if there could be something else.

Let me know if this has happened to anyone, or if you need more details.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this.

1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If there are only a few users who are affected (i.e. send messages, but those messages are not delivered), it feels like it might be a permissions issue specific to the senders' or receivers' mailboxes.  I'd check there for starters.

Also, did these subscribers work as expected for some period of time, then the problem began?  If so, perhaps a change/upgrade/service pack/hotfix may be the root cause.

If you don't determine the source of the issue,then you should enable Unity Diagnostic Tool traces and then reproduce the problem, then open a TAC Service Request.

Good luck!