Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(3) ADSchemaSetup Error

tkayyali2k
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation:

We have a windows 2003 server 64bit as a DC for the network with the Master Schema, we have an Exchange 2000 server on another server, and currently I am installing Unity 4.0(3) on another server.

During the installation process I have afaced the following problem error while running the ADSchemaSetup.exe on the DC of windows 2003 server:

setup failed to initialize active directory

please verify the following

connection is active

active directory services are running

logged on to the schema master

you are a member of the schema admins

I would really appreciate it if someone could solve this for me.

PS: I am logged on as a schema admin and the active directory services are runnind and its the schema master and the connectivity is active!!

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Do other 32 bit apps run OK on this server? I'm pretty sure ADSchemaSetup has never been tested on a 64 version of Windows.

Within the 'ldif logs' folder on the desktop will be an ADSchemaSetup.log file. Can you post that file?

Thanks,

Keith

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you make sure that the Unity's ip address properties has the ip address of the windows domain controller? Also make sure the DC is also pointed to itself for DNS so that it can register the SRV records.

H. M.

tkayyali2k
Level 1
Level 1

I am attaching the LDIF logs with this reply.

What did you mean by that the IP address of the DC should be in the properties of the DC? if you mean the default gateway thats already there and done.

Hi, can you try and do an NSLOOKUP and see if you can resolve your computer name? I've seen something similar to this before and it turned out to be a DNS issue.

Regards, Daniel

From the logs it looks like we are trying to blind to the CN=ms-Exch-Schema-Version-Pt object to get the schema version. The error code Windows returns is 80072030 which means 'There is no such object on the server'. In the first post you said that you have Exchange 2000. Is it already setup and running? If so you should have this object in the directory. The next thing I would do is check to make sure this object is in the schema container with ADSIEdit. (CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=sbg,DC=hq)

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

I guess thats our problem cause also what I think and what I understoof from the customer that they didnt run forestprep or domainprep so I guess we wont find the exchange object there.

And another thing i tried running the ASIEDIT before and it didnt run and gave an error.

I guess the 64bit server has some compatability issues and causing the problem.

Thanks anyways for all your support what I will do now is install Voice Messaging Only system (all components on one system) and later we would solve these issues .

Anyone would know any document for installing VMO system ( a detailed one) i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I don't think the 64 bit OS is the problem. The problem is that they have never run Exchange 2000 forestprep. They couldn't have possibly installed Exchange 2000 in the forest without running forestprep so I'm not sure what they have setup so far. Anyway, once they run forestprep the Unity schema extensions will work.

Thanks,

Keith

Well thats the weird part. But will running the forestprep now affect anything on the existing network?

Well technically the installation of Exchange 2000 will run ForestPrep and DomainPrep if you just install with setup.exe. Manually specifying it (setup.exe/forestprep setup.exe/domainprep) is for those that want more control.

Something odd is going on cause like I said Exchange needs those schema extensions. No way it will work without them...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: