cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 Question - Service not starting

johnnycVanco
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had problems with Untiy after installation with permissions? (I'm sure people have)

The problem I am having is with the Exchange Administrator rights, the accounts have been assigned the correct rights it seems, although when I run the permissions wizard its showing as they havnt!!!

Anyone have this problem before?

Cisco Unity Permissions Wizard Report Results

07/19/07 09:26:54

Permissions Wizard Version 2.1.0.34

Unity version: 4.2(1.0)

This report is only valid for Unity 4.2 or higher for Exchange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Unity Installation account: COLTCARS\unityinstall

? This account must be granted Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 Administrator rights. Click here for detailed instructions.

Group memberships checked

? Account belongs to the local Administrators group.

Note: If you run Permissions Wizard on a remote client instead of on the Cisco Unity server, Permissions Wizard cannot determine whether the account is a member of the local Administrators group.

Privileges checked

? This account has the right to act as part of the operating system.

? This account has the right to log on as a service.

? This account has the right to log on as a batch job.

Note: If you run Permissions Wizard on a remote client instead of on the Cisco Unity server, Permissions Wizard cannot determine whether the account has the right to act as part of the operating system, log on as a service, or log on as a batch job.

Active directory rights checked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Unity Directory Service account: COLTCARS\unitydirsvc

? This account must be granted Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 Administrator rights. Click here for detailed instructions.

Note: If you run Permissions Wizard on a remote client instead of on the Cisco Unity server, Permissions Wizard cannot determine whether the account is a member of the local Administrators group.

Privileges checked

Note: If you run Permissions Wizard on a remote client instead of on the Cisco Unity server, Permissions Wizard cannot determine whether the account has the right to act as part of the operating system, log on as a service, or log on as a batch job.

Cisco Unity Message Store Services account: COLTCARS\unitymsgstoresvc

Privileges checked

2 Replies 2

dcmckee
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand your problem correctly, you believe that because you are seeing the following in the PW logs that the permissions are not set.

"This account must be granted Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 Administrator rights. Click here for detailed instructions."

This is actually just an informational message in the logs to remind people that the permissions need to be set. PW report mode does not actually check to make sure this permission is set, so if you have set the permissions, then you are most likely good to go.

Thanks for the reponse!

The problem is that a number of services arent starting, i was assuming that it was due to the permissions, below is the first event of a number of events when i try and start Unity, also I've attached an output from sysCheck.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 30003

Date: 23/07/2007

Time: 04:51:33

User: N/A

Computer: VANCOMITUNITY

Description:

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The information store could not be opened..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: