Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 Exch 2007 UM - IMAP and Phoneview

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is there a service that is required to be configured in CallManager for the Visual Message Locator / Phone view service to work?

I've followed the other docco to setup the CTI user etc, and Unity, but dont know how to access the service!

Also, is IMAP supported for Exch 2007, I have checked out the cisco doc, and it says 2000 and 2003 are supported for IMAP, but doesnt mention 2007. Doc also doesnt have a published date on it, so i dont know if it is old.

Cheers,

Tim

9 Replies 9

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

found the answers on Phone View.. but still not sure on the IMAP..

Cheers,

Tim

IMAP is not supported yet for Unity with Exchange 2007. We hope to announce support in the next couple months.

Hi,

Is there any update on release date for this?

Since it is just an exchange service, is it something that will just work anyway?

With integrated messaging and outlook - does that mean we can choose to deliver the messages to the main inbox, or will it always appear in a seperate folder / account?

Cheers,

Tim.

Do you mind sharing this with me?

Hi,

I was originally assuming that Phone View would be a Service URL in CallManager that the user would browse to through the services button.

But the user actually has to dial into voice mail normally by hitting the messages button, then they press 5 for Find Messages. This then displays a list of messages in their mailbox on their phone display.

I dont think you can access it directly through a URL. (That would actually be my preference)

Also if you are looking at any of these new features.. avoid the message monitor.. it adds significant delay to the caller when they are trying to leave a message. Dont know if this will change in the future.

Cheers,

Tim

One point about the Message Monitor delay comment, this issue is captured by CSCsi80906.

The latest Unity 5.0(1) Engineering Special contains a change that reduces the delay.

Thanks..

I did see the bug.. but i didnt see the ES yet.

How much does it reduce the delay?

Cheers,

Tim.

I discovered that 5 invokes the app also. I think it's a bit obscure but I guess that just simplifies security issues. Thanks.

It seems to depend on the customer. Seems to bring it down to the 2-5 second range for most folks. Not ideal, but better than it was.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: