cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Exchange 2000 Integration...

cposti01
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Unity Exchange integration and Understand that a Voicemail becomes an attachment to a E-Mail that is thrown into a directory that was created when AD new user was done... What i am trying to find out is... When a user Listens to a new message and Saves it, where (File structure wise) is this file or wav or what... I can see a MBX directory on a seperate drive that has every users ID in that directory, and with that folder is... Notes..inbox..Calendar.. etc etc and the only folder populated is Inbox... So once a message is saved, where does it go after that ???

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using VM or UM Unity configurations, everything is still saved in the "inbox" of the Exchange subscribers account. Unity simply marks in the SQL database that the message is "saved" or "read" or "new". Unity will not move the message within the Exchange subscriber account. It always stays in their inbox.

If the Exchange user moves the message say from the inbox to a sub folder, Unity will then remove it from it's message count. Unity can not find messages or report on messages (new, read, saved, etc) that are not located in the "inbox"

make sense?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: