Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1: Inherit language from callers

mcibanez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has a multi-lingual Unity Connection 9.1

When Brasilian subscribers reach their VM they hear the prompt in Brazilian Portuguese, but although I had set the option 'Language That Callers Hear' to '' when a brasilian subscriber reach someone else's VM they hear it in Spanish, which is the default language.

The only way I've been able to fix it is setting 'Language That Callers Hear' to Portuguese in all the Brasilian users but this is not exactly the desired behaviour.

Does anyone know if there is a bug in this version?

I tried in 8.6 (another customer) and it worked, but the CUCM cluster was slightly different because in the 9.1 cluster I've got Extension Mobility which I hadn't in the 8.6 cluster, I don't know if it makes any difference.

Where can I check the inherit language that this setting is using? Is it the Unity Connection subscriber default language? Is it something in the CUCM?

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How do the Brazilian callers reach the Spanish callers? If they simply dial the extension and end up in voicemail this is working as designed, the inheritance only works when the call is originated within a voicemail, for example Brazilian caller listens to their message and then from within UCXN decides to call Spanish voicemail user.

HTH,

Chris