cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection HA on UCS with fibre channel storage

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we have 2 UCS servers with Unity Connection 8.61 on each. The unity server OVA's are built on fibre attached storage. (so we have ucs>mds switch >vnx storage array).  If we lose the fibre connection from the UCS HBA ports on the subscriber server we lose our virtual machine i.e. LUN0 disappears - the storage array).

What we can't get is the HA to kick in , calls are going to the subscriber first within the route group configuration and because the UCS is still powered up it means that the subscriber is pingable hence calls are not being delivered to the publisher. Connection is integrated to ccm via a sip trunk. Anyone have anything similar or similar experience of this....thanks, Jeff             

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct me if Im wrong, but if you lose the LUN, you lose the entire system correct?  It should go dark and not be online at all no?   

Tommer

thank you for your reply, yes you are right , we lose the LUN and the server console cannot see anything (goes dark as you say), however the server's ip address is still pingable probably because its either in the UCS servers memory or insome internal host file of the UCS and as its pingable the CCM route group is still sending the calls to the subscriber (i suppose it thinks the trunk is still up). If we power off the vm host in the UCS or disconnect the UCS ethernet cable - the pings stop and the calls get sent to the publisher.

Regards, Jeff