Unity Connection Office 365 Single Inbox - 100 Users Limitation

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

Goiing over the Unity Connection release notes:

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6(2) Support for Microsoft Office 365

Revised 13 April, 2012

In Cisco Unity Connection 8.6(2) and later, you can configure Connection to synchronize voice messages in Connection user's mailbox with the user's Exchange Online mailbox configured on Microsoft Office 365 environment. Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud hosted collaboration solution provided by Microsoft.

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6(2) SU1 is qualified for 100 users with Microsoft Office 365. For scalability beyond 100 users, you need to contact UCBU Product Management team through ucxn-o365-support@cisco.com mailer.

Note The integration beyond 100 users will not be supported by TAC until the BU has signed off on it.

I was aware of the 19 users per Unified Messaging account issue, in which we created several UM Service accounts as a temporary fix until Microsoft lifts the limitation.  I wasn't aware of the above that there is a limitation to 100 Users total.

There has been a few posts regarding the 19 user/account issue in which the workaround has been to create up to 20 UM accounts to get up to 380 users as a temporary solution.

Any insight as to when this will be lifted or detailed timelines would be great!

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Chris,

I believe integration with Office 365 is only supported with 8.6.2 or later, regardless of the amount of users.  All of the customers I have on Office 365 are on 8.6.2 su2.  If memory serves me, I believe you won't have the option to select Office 365 (as opposed to the generic Exchange 2010 option) in the UM services accounts page without 8.6.2 or later installed.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Hope all is well my friend

This discussion would still be under NDA restrictions I believe. Did you try the

mailer listed in your post? I've had great responses from the mailers related to this BU.

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Hey Rob,

Was just about to post I got a response back from them and yes the info was very helpful!  I was just about to post to let them know the response I got back but wasn't aware of any NDA restrictions.  I'll check on the NDA and then post back the response.

Thanks!

Chris

Just for those who are interested, I got confirmation from the BU (ucxn-o365-support@external.cisco.com) that I can share the info that the restrictions are lifted and they are going through a limited release program (currently up to 1000 users) without the requirement of additional UM Service Accounts.  As Rob mentioned you can find more details at ucxn-o365-support@external.cisco.com  (add the 'external' to the email to save you a bounce back if you're an external user).

Chris

Chris,

I know the limit has been raised to 5000 users with UCXN 8.6.2SU2, but I have an environment with multiple languages and since there are not locales available for this version I need to go to 8.6.2SU1, do you happen to know if the 100 user limitation is still applicable to this version or if we can go above that?

Chris

Hey Chris,

I believe integration with Office 365 is only supported with 8.6.2 or later, regardless of the amount of users.  All of the customers I have on Office 365 are on 8.6.2 su2.  If memory serves me, I believe you won't have the option to select Office 365 (as opposed to the generic Exchange 2010 option) in the UM services accounts page without 8.6.2 or later installed.

HTH,

Chris

Right, my question was around 8.6.2SU1 vs. SU2. I got my answer from TAC, SU1 supports only 100 Office 365 users, SU2 supports 5000.

HTH,

Chris

Good to know!  I brought up 8.6.1 as you mentioned 8.6.1 su1 in the original post, I figured you would have known the compatibility already.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Chris

oops, my mistake.  Sorry.

Chris

Hey Chris & Chris,

Just wondered about this note (I'm sure you've checked this out );

•All locales other than ENU are released for Connection 8.6(2) SU 2 (ES 44). For more information on the supported engineering-special versions with these locales, please contact Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/93949/862asu2cucrm.pdf

Did TAC happen to comment on the missing language files for 8.6(2)su2 issue??

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Rob,

TAC is telling me the locales are not released yet, and then came back saying that I can use SU1 locales on UCON SU2, which I don't buy as my understanding was that UCON locales have to be for that specific version. Have you heard of this being supported by any chance?

Chris

Hey Chris,

I wouldn't go that route as you nicely noted. The specific locales for su2 are not shown

and I'm pretty confident that this bug would carry over to su2 as well

But then again....I could be way off base here

CSCty54979 - 8.6.x release notes should detail what builds are required for locales

Symptom:

Release notes for Unity Connection 8.6(2a) and  8.6(2a)SU1 are not clear about what builds the use of locales  (localizations) are supported with and where they can be acquired

Conditions:

Customers wishing to support non-US English (ENU) languages with Unity Connect 8.6.x

Workaround:

For  Unity Connection 8.6(2a), you must install ES12 and use the locale  files that are labeled as ES12. The locale files are posted on cisco.com  for download, but Unity Connection ES12 is not (you will need to open a  TAC case and request a copy of 8.6(2)ES12)

For Unity Connection  8.6(2a)SU1, the 8.6(2)ES12 locales should NOT be used. An updated set of  locales will be posted for use with this build in the near future  (expected by roughly mid to late April 2012). Also note that if you are  currently using the 8.6(2)ES12 locales, you should NOT upgrade to SU1  until the SU1 locales are posted to cisco.com so that you can use them.

If su2 is equivalent to ES44 then they aren't shown on this doc either??

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/Voice/pdf/LocalizationSupportforCUCESreleases.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Gents

Don't know if it helps or not, but I have CUCM BE 8.6(2)SU2 running as below

Active Master Version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Active Version Installed Software Options:

uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-12.cop

The GB locale as above works fine on that release - CUC never asks me to press the "pound" key or anything

HTH.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Thanks Rob and Barry, I just opened a PDI helpdesk ticket on this to see what they come back with. Barry, I am glad to hear it works for you, but I am still hesitant to go this route as this customer would not take it well if things did not work well after the upgrade, hence my due diligence.

Chris

Hi Chris

Know the feeling. However if I break their phone system badly enough, they can't call me to complain...

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: