cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection User integrated with CUCM directory number?

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working on a customer's Communications Manager and Unity Connection phone system (version 8.6.2) that my company did not deploy.  I need to add new voicemail boxes in Unity Connection and I want to replicate the methods they have used to keep everything consistant.  When I look at any of the users' voicemail account the following status message is displayed:

"This user is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager directory number. Some fields may be disabled."

I have dealt with various integrations in Unity Connection.  I know that I will get different user status messgages depending on who the user was imported.

For example:

- LDAP status message would be: "Active user imported from LDAP Directory."

- User imported using CUCM AXL: "This user is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communication Manager end user.  Some fields may be disabled."

- Manually created user shows no status message.

Also, each voicemail account has no first or last name and the alias is CCM_{extension number}.

Does anyone know what's going on? How are these mailboxes imported/sync'd?  What is with the status message?

Thanks,

Danny

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of CUC?

also how is LDAP configured in CUC?  the way it normally works is that the alias is replicated through the SSamAccount attribute like so:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Fields LDAP User Fields Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Fields LDAP User Fields

User ID

sAMAccountName  

First Name

givenName  

Middle Name

middleName  

Last Name

sn  

Manager ID

manager  

Department

department  

Phone Number

telephoneNumber   

Mail ID

mail  

what your server show?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.2

Cisco Untiy Connection is not currently integrated with LDAP.  I only mentioned LDAP integration as an example.

Thanks,

Danny

From the sounds of it, it seems that thet are configured to be just voice mail only accounts and they are setup manually without the import process.  I say this in the sense that they are not setup for Unified Messaging and they currently are not recieivng voicemails within thier Exchange environment.  Are there Unified Messaging Service accounts configured?  Can you give some more information of the Unity Connection environment?  Thanks.

Tony

Please rate!!!!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: