cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Voice Recognition Problems

matt.millington
Level 1
Level 1

We've got Unity Connection 8.5 and we're having an issue with the voice recognition. We have users call in to the main line and get the directory handler and they will try to speak the name of the person they are trying to call. The problem is that when it doesn't make a match, its almost like it just guesses and transfers the call to the wrong person. Often, it transfers to a user that is nothing like what was spoken. For example, I said "Mickey Mouse" and it transferred me to "Richard Wells." Is there a way to prevent it from transferring unless there's a sure match, or to confirm with the user before transferring the call?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

We adjusted the following setting on the Directory Handler up to 50 (from 10)

and it really made a huge difference.

Speech Confidence Threshold

(Applicable only to voice-enabled directory  handlers.) Use this setting to adjust the likelihood that Cisco Unity  Connection recognizes user utterances as voice commands and recipient names. For  example, if users complain that the system does not recognize names in the  directory, you can try lowering this value so that the system matches utterances  more liberally. Alternatively, if users complain that the system returns too  many incorrect matches, try adjusting this setting to a higher value.

The range of valid entries is 0 to 100. The default setting is  10. Note that lowering the speech confidence threshold level results in more  matches for names when callers say names, but when callers say digits,  extraneous extension matches are returned. Increasing the level results in more  precise extension matching, but fewer name matches.

Before that if I said Mickey Mouse it would route to Nicole Welsh and if I said Rob Muffin

it would route to me Now it says "sorry, no matching name found" and gives you another try.

Try this one as well;

Announce Extension with Each Name

Check this check box to indicate that Cisco Unity Connection  provides a menu of users that includes user extensions. Callers enter the menu  number to select a user. For example, "For Pat Amos at extension 123, press 1.  For Gerry Anderson at extension 104, press 2." Callers might take note of user  extensions to skip directory assistance the next time they call.

For directory handlers that are not voice enabled, this  functionality is supported only when Announce Matched Names Using Menu Format is  also selected.

Default setting: Check box checked.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Rob,

Thank you!! I had found the voice recognition confidence setting in the Advanced->Conversations area of the System Settings, but that seems to only affect the commands a user can give. I didn't know about a confidence setting within the handler itself. My initial test is very good. No match found for Mickey Mouse.

-Matt

Hi I have an issue with a specific user, when mates try to call him voice recognition is good but when the system is trying to reach him i get the tone sorry E F is not available please leave your message and if I dial directly from a normal deskphone phone rings ok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: