Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 7.x Unable to route to Contacts from Call Handler

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection 7.x.  CallManager 7.x.

My desired goal is to route from an AutoAttendant CallHandler to CallManager users that do not have VoiceMail boxes.  I have created a contact with the following:

alias: myuser

first: my

last: user

display: my user

voice name: recorded

list in directory: yes

transfer enabled: yes

transfer extension: 1234

When dialing AA and pressing # to get the the directory and doing dial-by-name, I am able to route.  When dialing the extension number during the greeting, I receive the following:

"I did not recognise that as a valid entry"

When selecting "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" from within the AA Handler and then dialing by extension, I receive the following:

"You cannot be transferred to this number"

Is there a way to dial the extension number to get to the user's device?

Regards...

4 Replies 4

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

What does your Caller Input config look like on the call handler?

What is the value set to for Wait for Additional Digits? 1500 ms?

Do you get the "You cannot be transferred to this number" message from UC after the 1st digit or after the last when dialing by extension?

Derek.

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having the same issue.  Was this ever resolved?

Thanks, Jeff

I'm having this issue as well.  Any updates?

joaniesylvain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil Denton,

You are indeed going on the right track with the

"Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

What you're missing is the restriction table which by default doesn't allow any patterns to be dialed.

So in the System Settings go to the Restriction Tables and select the "Default System Transfer", and add a pattern that matches your internal extension or just that specific one.

Now this will permit dialing by extension to those specific patterns, one last thing you should verify is that the CSS assigned to your voicemail ports in UCM has the proper partitions to dial those extension.

HTH

Jonathan Sylvain

Message was edited by: Jonathan Sylvain My bad didn't notice original past was in 2010

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: