cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Error Greeting

r-thatcher
Level 1
Level 1

After installing Unity 4.0(4)SR1, I bulk imported all the users but I am looking for a way to disable the error greeting for all the users.

If I disable the Error Greeting either through the SA or Advanced Settings Tool, the caller will be disconnected if invalid input is detected during the subscribers greeting. Not sure if this is a bug, but I can't find one in Bug Navigator.

The last Unity install I did I had to manually open up all subscribers Error Greetings and set them to loop back to their own Greetings. This is very time consuming.

Is there a way to turn off the Error Greeting w/o disconnecting the caller or make a bulk change to all the subscribers Error Greetings to have it loop back to the subscribers own greeting instead of the Opening Greeting?

Thanks,

-Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't disable the error greeting. It has to be active to process the error handling.

BulkEdit has a special option just for what you want (the "loop back to self" option) - you can easily remap everyone's error greeting to loop back to itself in one shot.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't disable the error greeting. It has to be active to process the error handling.

BulkEdit has a special option just for what you want (the "loop back to self" option) - you can easily remap everyone's error greeting to loop back to itself in one shot.

Thanks Jeff, I missed that.

Is it possible to limit the nuber of times this error greeting loops or it is infinite

The error greeting doesn't loop.

You mean how many time a user is allowed to enter bad input? No, you can't dictate how many times they are allowed to hit an invalid option...