Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express - Meetme Password

matthew-f
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All:

I've browsed the previous articles about meetme password protection. Is anyone in a position to advise on the Unity Express side of the Config? Especially about the custom script for getting the user to enter a password?

I have the CME bit nailed

Thanks in advanced

Matt

10 Replies 10

matthew-f
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help on this for me?

cheers

Matt

Thanks for the reply, but im looking for a Unity Express script/method, the link's i have found and the one you provided use UCCX. Do you have any other info with Unity Express AA?

Matt

I dont have the exact script you are looking for.

I believe Unity Express AA script is built as a subset of UCCX Script, you might need to get IVR license to use the advanced IVR features and tweak the script from the link to achieve what you are looking for.

About writing and editing scripts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/script/ScriptEditor.html

For IVR administration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/ivr/cueivradmin.html

Gopal Kannappan wrote:

I dont have the exact script you are looking for.

I believe Unity Express AA script is built as a subset of UCCX Script, you might need to get IVR license to use the advanced IVR features and tweak the script from the link to achieve what you are looking for.

There is no need for IVR license on the CUE, for writing such a simple script. The documentation lists the script 'steps' that require IVR license.

We wont need IVR, the standard AA script will be fine. I was wondering if anyone had experience in writing unity express scripts and would be prepared to help me out with a simple sample script i can use?

Matt

There are sample scripts in the CUE downloads area.

Just want to say in closing this chain. It took me a while, but i created a custom script which asks for a passcode, the meet-me is now passcode protected, it wasnt easy :-)

Matt

Hi Matt, Can you please share a sample of the script

Thanks

Hey Hey:

I would be more than happy to help a fellow engineer out with advice on the script and pointer’s in the right direction, but I’m not going to post the full script online for everybody. Since developing the script, I’m offering password protected meet-me conferencing on all new CME (ISR and UCXXX) projects as a value added service. It’s actually helping add that extra bit of gloss to CME deployments, especially for customers who used CUCM 4.0 with <100 handset’s. Just remember when you spec your CME up to include an extra DSP chip so you can flip over to hardware conferencing instead of software conferencing

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: