cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VM e-mail

p.weeks
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a link to show how I can use Unity VM to send an e-mail containing a wave file to a user? Any links would be apprciated.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking - if you have UM you can use the VMO plug in for sending voice mail messages via the desktop - the user guide talks about this, among other things. You can get the latest 4.0(5) version here:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4608/c1626/ccmigration_09186a008044b3dd.pdf

If you're talking about sending a message to an external user (i.e. not a subscriber) via the phone, you'd use Internet Subscribers for this. There's no license for these, you can create as many as you like - you set them up with an extension and, optionally, a voice name, configure their SMTP address and then you can message them over the phone just like a regular subscriber - the message gets to them as an email with attached WAV.

If that's not what you're looking for, let us know...

This is what I am trying to acheive. A person rings a telephone number for IT support. This telephone number is not manned and the caller is sent direct to Unity. The caller leaves a message which should then be sent via e-mail (outlook) to a common mail box. There may also be a requirement that a message waiting lamp is used to indicate a message for a group of uses. I have only Unity VM with AD and Exchange on box.