cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity voicemail relay to Google Apps

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have deployed CUC 11.5. There is not any domain and internal email server. The company's email server is in Google with comany's domain (orkhan@mycompany.us). I want to relay voicemails to user's email account to google. Can you send me headlines with steps what should I do for it?
Should I change smtp domain name in CUC?
Should I have seperate SMTP smart host to relay?
Should smtp smart host be internal, or can use google's relay service (for ex. smtp-relay.gmail.com)?
Thank you

15 Replies 15

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUC natively intergrates with MS exchange, not with Gmail.

if you want to send Vociemail notifications to Gmail, you will need to go towards "intelligent notifications".

which is more like Fire and forget.

check this post:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/release/notes/901cucrn.html#wp1667155

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I don't mean integration. There might be relay functionality. Because there is SMTP Smart Host in CUC to relay messages to email servers.

Version 10.5 had the capability to send a copy of the voicemail to Gmail. The user would have to delete the message in Gmail and on the phone.

On 10.5 after bringing up a user, under edit, message actions, voicemail, select Accept and Relay the Message

In the Relay Address enter the google address.

Warning - If the SMTP Proxy address and Relay Address are same for the user, then a voice message is sent to configure Proxy Address and not to configure Relay Address. I ignored this warning because the generated address is the Gmail as the previous entered Relay Address

Under SMTP Configuration, Smart Host we entered one of the Google MX servers.

If I select "Accept and Relay messages" in Message Actions page and add user's email address, then add smtp smart host address (I hope it is smtp-relay.gmail.com), will those be enough to relay voicemails?

What MX servers& IP or domain name? Can you give example?

There are a couple of ways you can find your MX records; go to https://mxtoolbox.com/ and enter in your Google domain.  This site will list all of your mail exchange servers assigned to your domain by Google.

Under SMTP Configuration, Server, SMTP Domain – is not the same domain name as your Email domain.

Thank you for your answer. I guess that SMTP proxy address is for IMAP clients. Cisco says: Cisco Unity Connection uses SMTP proxy addresses to map the recipients of an incoming SMTP message that is sent by a user from an IMAP client to the appropriate user or VPIM contact.

I just want to use SMTP relay. If I select "Accept and Relay messages" in Message Actions page and add user's email address, then add smtp smart host address (I hope it is smtp-relay.gmail.com), will those be enough to relay voicemails?

I am trying to setup the same thing. Did you ever get response or did it work as you stated?

Thank you

Any luck with this?

I am also trying to get this setup since we moved from exchange to gmail

Were you ever able to get this working?  I am tasked with the same thing...trying to accept and relay voicemail wavs to google boxes since we're getting rid of exchange and moving to G Suite.

Thanks

I got it to work with this as the smart host - See attached picture.

aspmx.l.google.com

I think we also needed to change something in google that had to do with less secure & third party apps. (This might've been done for prime since It was sending alot of emails. I don't recall) 

Awesome, thank you!

One other question...when you were using exchange, did you already have a smarthost defined?  We have one (it's been there since before my time with this system), and it looks like it only allows one smarthost, which makes me think the smarthost will need to be changed once we do the switchover to google.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: