cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

untiy connection bulk edit show "Task not started"

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

im trying to allow users to change their pin under password settings but whenever i use bulk edit to enable it for users  and choose to run it now it never starts and it shows "Task not started" , not sure if im missing something here ?

11 Replies 11

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

please can anyone help

Hi,

Can you share the Unity Connection version, exact steps that you are doing and screenshot of the error page where it gets stuck.

Manish

my unity connection is version 10.5.1

1-first i check-mark the users i want to apply configuration to under "users".

2-i choose "bulk edit" at the bottom of the page.

3-i go to password settings then i uncheck "User Cannot Change"

4-i choose "run now" then press "submit"

5-i go to "task management" but it list task as "task not started" ?!?!

Hi,

I am able to get it to work in my lab using the same steps as yours. Can you try any other bulk edit operations and see if they work. If all of them fail like this then it could be something related to service or database and i would recommend a server reboot.

HTH

Manish

i tried reboot for both publisher and subscriber server with no avail , however im currently having dbreplication failure so i guess it is related?

Yes, you should definitely repair replication first as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/116942-technote-uc-00.html

HTH

Manish

i have fixed the replication but still the same issue , even tried to bulk edit another setting but still having the same issue.

In that case we need to get the traces to see what could be the root cause. 

Please enable the following traces:

SysAgent

UmssSysAgentTasks 

Reproduce the issue, then we need to collect and analyze the Connection System Agent log files.

HTH

Manish

sorry but how do i enable the "sysagent" and "UmssSysAgentTasks" traces? and how do i collect them?

Please check page 10 onwards of the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/troubleshooting/guide/10xcuctsgx/10xcuctsg010.pdf

Manish

In the screenshots above i can see that you have ticked only one box. We have to tick both the boxes in front of user cannot change to run the task. 

Try that and update. Also let us know the role that the user has , which is being used to change the password. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: