Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgade CUCM and IMPRE and move them to a new host

themizzz21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a 10.5(2) installation with 3 CUCM and 2 IMPRE servers. The VMs reside on a host where ESXi is at 5.5 version.

We would like to upgrade them to 12.5(1)SU6 and move them to another host where ESXi is at 6.5 version.

Because I am not at all familiar with the procedures for transferring a virtual machine from one host to another

what is the procedure to be followed regarding the copy of the VMs?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I would recommend checking out the Cisco docs. There is a lot of information about this.

Also check out older posts, since your question was already asked multiple times, example here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/move-vms-to-new-esxi/m-p/3868023

I would recommend that you move the VMs first to the new host, you do that by vMotion, and then do the upgrade to the new version. The reason for this is that there are dependencies on the newer version of the ESXi to set the guest OS prior to the upgrade of the CM or IMP. All this is outlined in the documentation that you should read before embarking on the update of the system.

Response Signature

I would recommend to use PCD. 

Using PCD you can Simply  migrate to 12.5 version on new box.

No need to upgrade and then move.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: