cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUAC Enterprise Edition V.9 to advanced 10.5.2

Sergio Cavataio
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade the UC applications of my customer to 10.x.

In detail it is necessary upgrade Call Manager 9 to Call Manager 10.5(2).

I know that I have also to execute a new installation (fresh install)  of Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 10.5.2 in order to be compatible with Call Manager 10.5(2).

In order to migrate data from Cisco Unified Attendant Console Enterprise 9.1.1.20 to  Advanced Edition Version 10.5.2 which step I have to follow?

It is possible to execute a db export from Enterprise 9.1.1.20 (production environment) and then execute an import to Advanced 10.5.2 (in my test plant) ? so executing an offline migration ?

In this case It will be possible execute the virtual machine export  on test plant and then execute the  virtual machine import on productioon environment.

Thanks

Sergio

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why don't you just upgrade your AC???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Because my customer have installed the CUAC Enterprise Edition V.9 but does not exist a CUAC Enterprise Edition that is compatible with Call Manager 10.5(2).

So I know that I have to migrate to CUAC  Advanced 10.5.2  version

Sergio

You probably want to read the CUACA web admin and install guide, specially the upgrade chapter

HTH

java

Sorry, I do not understand!

How  can I migrate from CUAC Enterprise Edition V.9 -> to a 10.5.2 version that is compatible with call Manager 10.5.2?

I know that I have to migrate to an Advanced version ... if you know that it is wrong... can you explain me it in detail?

Regards

Sergio

Hi, Sergio Cavataio.

Ensure that your Cisco Unified Communications Manager version is compatible with the version of Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced you are upgrading to.You may also have the correct version of operating system and SQL database engine required by the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced version.Make sure that you are using an Application User account for integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. And sometimes you will need to re-license your Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced server.

If you do not have a valid UCSS contract, you can purchase an à la carte upgrade.

Thanks!

Thanks very much bsiapco.

Regards

Sergio

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/10_5_1/install_admin_guide/CUACA1051WAG.pdf

Page 133.

regards

Hi,

have you any news for me?

Sergio

Hola al final qué hiciste?

pudiste actualizar cuac 9.1 a Cuaca?

mcinvaille
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation Sergio and though many of the responses are very helpful I think some are missing the point (at least in my upgrade requirement and I think yours as well). I upgraded CUCM to 11X. My customer was using CUAC Enterprise Edition 9.1.1. However, there is no Enterprise Edition at 11X. They are only moving forward with Advanced and standard. So my problem is can I upgrade to CUAC Advanced over Enterprise Edition or do I have to do a new install? If it is a new install can data be exported from EE 9.1.1 into ADV 11.0.1?

I think this is what yuou were asking as well right Sergio?

Mac

Refer to appendix F, page 133

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/10_5_1/install_admin_guide/CUACA1051WAG.pdf

There is no way to migrate the info from any 9.x and below AC to CUACA, I had a conversation with the AC team and there is no way to get the data from the old release to CUACA (different DB schema), only performing the upgrade, you can keep the old info as the process will change the old DB schema into the new one. 

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I have another question on the same topic. The customer wants to upgrade the Attendant console 9.1 to CUACA 10.5.2. Attendant console 9.1 is a stand alone server.

Is it possible to use 9.1 version during the upgrade process or does it require any downtime required?
Is there any role back plan if the upgradation fails?

Hi Jaime,

I have another question.. The customer has only stand alone Attendant console Enterprise version 9.1 and we are upgrading to 10.5 CUACA edition.

1. Is it possible to access the 9.1 attendant console during the upgrade process or does it require any downtime?

2. Is there any roll back plan for the up-gradation files?

Downtime is required, this is a Windows service.

As with any other upgrade, a backup should be taken before the process.

FYI, it's roll back, not role back.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: