Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 4.x to 8.x CUWL Licensing

mstorm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upgrade a customer from CUCM 4.x to 8.5, Unity to Unity Connection 8.x and then add CCX with 30 Premium Agents, as well as change the hardware to UCS.

I know of the 3&3 for both CUCM and Unity, but we would like to use CUWL.

As far as I can see you should use the CUWL-LIC-STD-K9, then select UWL-UPG-CM+UTY-ST as they already have CUCM and Unity.

CCX will then also be quoted seperately unless Pro licences are purchased, and then they will also need an upgrade to Premium

It also says that the CUCM and Unity software will not ship and the PUT should be used to obtain the software.

So my question is, if the customer currently does not have a UCSS contract, and he purchases the abovementioned part numbers (UCSS is included), can they then order the upgrade (CUCM & Unity) via PUT after ordering, or must they already have an existing UCSS contract covering version 4?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUWL includes ucss and will provide the software from put going forward

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini,

Just one more question, with regards to running MGCP on 8.5, what version of IOS do you need on the router.

I have heard that IOS 15 is required, but the only documentation I can find is that 12.4 is required for ver 7.1 and up.

So do you need IOS 15 or will 12.4 be sufficient?

Mike.

Ok found the answer you need at least 12.4(20)T.

A good document to read with all the SIP,H.323 and MGCP features available on which versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

Great document indeed! Thank you.

Yep looks you found the same link I was going to send, yes it isn’t a requirement..

Thanks

Srini