cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from 8.6 to 10.5 - LDAP Authentication will not work

Emily Sharrard
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading from 8.6 to 10.5.  Ldap synchronization and authentication are enabled.  LDAP Syncronization works just ine.  LDAP Authentication works fine on 8.6 Call Manager, but fails on 10.5.  The configuration in 10.5 mirrors the configuration in 8.6

For example, I can log in using a network credential to my 8.6 CM Administration Page, however using the same network credential on 10.5 authentication page it fails.

My network credential is sync'd in Call Manager.  I have assigned myself every possible permission call manager offers.

What am I missing?

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What LDAP are you integrating to?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Microsoft Active Directory.

Everything was copied over using PCD. I did validate ports and that SSL was checked. And of course the Authentication was enabled for users.

What version??

And did you have a secure LDAP integration???

Or using wildcard certs on 8.6??

HTH

java

Which version of Active Directory? 6.1

I took a look in Cert Managment, looks like they are not self signed. 

do you get any error?

is the Cisco dirsync service activated, try restarting the dirsync service and see if it works. 

there could also be an issue with the wrong search-base entered.

"Log in Failed - invalid user name or password" We all get it. I am thinking it is a firewall rule or an ACL. I have tossed it over to that team to investigate.

Are you using TLS and/or wildcard certs??

HTH

java

Figured out the issue.  Needed the FQDN versus IP address in the LDAP authenticaion configuration.

Emily Sharrard
Level 1
Level 1

Figured out what the issue was. 10.5 was expecting the FQDN versus the IP address of the LDAP Servers.