cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgradtion of window Call Manager 4.1 to CUCM version 7.1 and then CUCM version 7.1 to CUCM version 9.1

Lalesh Kabade
Level 1
Level 1

First of all Greeting for the day.. and Wish a very happy new year…

I have one project of call manager up gradation for our customer, we have to upgrade window call manger 4.1 to CUCM 9.1 in BE6000K

I read all document for call manager up-gradation 4.1 to CUCM 9.1. in Cisco Doc is clearly mentioned that  we have to upgrade call manager version 4.1 to 7.1 and then 9.1 or if require we have to upgrade call manger version 4.1 to 7.1 and 8.5 to 9.1 bcoz IP Phone will not update or upgrade IP phone firmware directly from  CUCM version 7.1 to CUCM version 9.1

I have done one project in that I had upgraded window call manger 4.1 to 7.1 and that time we registered a PAK key in the Cisco license portal you people send a license file and it’s work fine and there no issue

But the issue is that customer is having a PAK key for CUCM version 9.1 for one publisher and two subscriber

If I upgraded window call manger 4.1 to 7.1, after that I have to install the license file in the CUCM version 7.1, so from where I will get a license file for version 7.1 bcoz I have only one PAK key for CUCM version 9.1.

If you are helping with me in this issue it would be great help  for this up-gradation

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A) There's no concept of licensing for nodes on CUCM 9.X and above

B) CUCM 9.X and above, use ELM and PLM, completely different licensing from any previous version

C) No one here can help you, only licensing@cisco.com can issue licenses, reach them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate