Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent please, Cisco sip VG224- applying translae rule on voice port

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Dear associates,

I have Cisco Vg224 working as SIP router (sipv2). I'm confused on applying translate rule on some voice ports. but still not working. Im trying to allow some voice ports to call outside the network by forward calls to CUCM using sip trunk. below attached router configuration, any idea will be appreciated.

Regards

6 Replies 6

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Why not just make a Cor list for the phones and apply those Cor lists to the dial-peers?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/42720-configuring-cor.html

Brandon,

Really i cant apply cor list configuration to FXS port, I have cisco VG224 with (24 FXS ports). chick attachment below please.

Thanks

You have to setup the FXS ports to be controlled by CME as SCCP then setup the COR lists.  Additionally, your translation profiles are not even applied, you might want to review this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#configs

Example:

voice-port <number>
 translation-profile [incoming | outgoing] <name>
 trunk-group <name> [preference]

Brandon,

Regardless of COR lists and controlling FXS ports by CME as SCCP. I did what cisco explained in the above link which you graciously paste. ( attached pic.s below ). and the result was the same. when employee on voice port 2/21 pick up the phone and dials 07xxxxxxxxx he only gets busy dial tone. while when I dial 92307xxxxxxxxx from ip phone connected directly to cucm 172.23.167.9 I could reach the destination called number.

The only stopping point that I face now as i think is, how to apply the translation rule on voice port 2/x.

we have holiday for the next two days so we got time to look for it.

Thanks for your response to me.

any update ..??

Brandon,

Thanks for your response

I’m Compelled to use SIP protocol, cause my clients wants permanence telephone service from their FXS ports even of the link between the CUCM and them Vg224 disconnected. SIP protocol provides me with this feature.

none the less, if Im chosing to run SCCP protocol inside my VGs that time I can choose specfic FXS port to use specfic call route inside CUCM using calling search space and partions. which im already using it with part of my SCCP VGs. the quastion is...

why I couldn’t apply translation rule as it described in above posts on SIP VG router ???

Thanks for help